Sunday 7 August 2016

THE HUSTLE IS REAL....


          

Hello it's me, Happy New year. 
Yes I know it's the month of August and it's been a while but the truth is 'life happens'
So 'hey ho' here I am in all my glory (cap in hand) the struggle is real!

The worse thing about taking this break from blogging was the day I was all fired up and ready to pick up from where I left and start blogging again, I had a technical glitch and could not access my blog account from my iPad. It was literally a case of "Man proposes God disposes' An update was required before I could log-on to Blogspot this however was impossible as my ipad was filled with photographs, videos and my music. I considered deleting some pics to create space but after scrolling through numerous selfies of my gorgeous self back in the day looking 7kg lighter and all 50 shades of cuteness, I said to myself 'no way, the pics gotta stay'. I'm not losing these memories. 

Tech savvy friends and family suggested I get an external drive so I could transfer then delete from ipad, but I just never got round to it. Procrastination is a bad thing, each time I was asked when I was going to start blogging again, I would tell this tale of 'Risi And The Curious case of The iPad' like a broken record. My brother went as far as reminding me that if It was inspiration I was looking for I could refer back to a book he bought for me when I first started blogging ' Blogging For Dummies' I really don't know what his point was!

Anyway that's all history 'Risi's got her groove back' so here I come charging....

I'm owing blog readers like seven blogs post, that's one for each month of 2016, piece of cake I say as so much has happened this year. 
Where do we start, David Cameron referring to my homeland people as being 'fantastically corrupt' (are we?) we consulted the oracles on that matter which resulted in his swift exit from No.10. 
Oh those photos of him 'on jeans' carrying that 'fantastically' massive removal box from Downing Street and the banter we all had trying to imagine an African leader doing the same thing. Yes I'm referring to them squeezing themselves into the jeans and manoeuvring the box with their loot!

Or the build up to Brexit referendum and the outcome.  Who would have thought? All those emotions whipped up in the run up to the election. Did you vote? Were you Team Remain or Team Leave? I must admit I voted to remain. Had a healthy debate with a friend of mine who said one of the reasons she voted to leave was because she was tired of her kids being treated as 2nd class citizens by 'White British' and thought voting to leave would at least reduce the chances them being further oppressed by 'White Other'.  

Now let's swim across the pond to the US of A to visit Donald 'Duck'. What a dangerous man, he belongs in Disneyland not the White House. It's just one gaffe after the other and I truly hope his recent demeaning remark about Mrs Khan will be another nail to his political ambitions. He's riding in the tail of Brexit and playing the immigration card and talking of immigration please let's swim back to England as I've just remembered another nasty incidence.

Byron Burgers, posh restaurant home of gourmet burgers. Never been there (I'm a McDonald's gal) and neither do I want to after hearing what they did last month. They invited all their staff to come into the restaurant for an early morning training session. Staff turned up and UK Border Agency (UKBA) officers were waiting to round them up and deport them. It transpired that management entered into agreement with UKBA to do this. Were the staff there illegally? Possibly yes.  But how ethical is it for a company to behave in such a manner? So underhanded if you ask me. Anyway protesters camped outside the branch and went as far as releasing cockroaches and other creepy crawlies into the premises in protest against the betrayal of the staff and the entrapment.The said branch has been forced to temporarily close down. One member of staff who was arrested and deported alleged that the company 'used them and threw them away' 
Hmmm, so my people next time you are asked to attend any early morning meeting at work 'shine your eye and look your back'. 

On that note enjoy the rest of the weekend 'Let me, let you be going'

To be continued........



Class is knowing what to say, when to say it and when to stop ~ Unknown 


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved it this post and really liked your quick and sassy writing style. Looking forward to the next one already! Tatenda x

Abeni said...

RBN, wey u go since?
I don follow anoda blogger, u snooze u loose and u lost my patronage!
Anyway sha you can beg me (with benefits In cash only) and I might reassess my position.

Risi By Name said...

@ Abeni, I've credited your Naija off-shore account. Xxxx

Esther Akingbade-olatunji said...

Risi by name, risky by nature..Lol. do you know I thought you were blogging all along but avoided not forwarding to moi. Lol. I love this piece. Downloaded intently and profoundly put together. More grease to your hands..literally.

Risi By Name said...

@Esther, as if I'd ever do that to you!
Thanks

Abeni said...

Now the cash matter has been resolved I can state my case.
"white other", funny but so true. In two generations Europeans will loose the "other" but my generations will always be "Black something"

That said; I voted to remain. I live in "Farage Ville" and the fascists in my neck of the woods showed their real agenda for Brexit.
I worry that the safety net of the EU will be lost and with it a lot of rights e.g the right of my daughter to attend a EU university for a third of UK tuition fees!