Sunday 11 January 2015

HAVE ONE ON ME!




Deep breath and here goes my first post.

I feel that I communicate better in writing than verbally and that's the motivation for starting this blog. Mental stimulation is so important to me and my hopes for the future are to entertain, thought-provoke and inspire people. Starting this blog will also serve as a learning curve for me as I've never been active on any social media platform.


I'm not IT savvy and cringingly admit that in this 21st Century I've had to engage the help of my daughter to set up this blog for me and after a lot of huffing and puffing from her I've been warned that I'm never to mention her or her sister's name in any of future posts, neither am I to embarrass them in any shape or form. I dutifully agreed to these terms as Beggars Can't Be Choosers! 

My plan is to ensure in the course of writing this blog I wean myself off my technical dependency of those girls. My first single-handed task was to paste the image of those box of chocolates at the top of this post where it is, it would have been easier and faster to have asked the girls to show me how, but my pride would not let me. I persevered, achieved and I applaud myself. 

Feel free to have a choc on me!

So folk here goes, I hope you enjoy this ride with me

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

lel good luck with your blog mum!

Anonymous said...

good luck xo

Anonymous said...

We are all proud of you for making this move; its been a long time coming. Have fun doing this, watch this space people.

o koko said...

looking forward to reading more, good luck with the blog!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Very impressed well done! Looking forward to reading more things that I am sure will inspire us. Dee

Anonymous said...

HipHopPsych wishes you all the best.

DelinoG said...

This is the beginning of greater things to come. I am absolutely impressed. Well done and I look forward to the next series of blogs.

Anonymous said...

A journey of a thousand mile starts with a step. Well done on taking this bold step sis.

Tenumo

Unknown said...

Ooooooh. Get you, Risi. Well done and welcome to the 21st century and the joys of social media. You are a very brave woman. So what will you be blogging about?

Foluke said...

Wahala lo ko ara e si!

Foluke (Bose) Gabriel said...

Seriously very well done.
Many have the same desire but not the drive.

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo jealous. I have dreamt of writing a blog for so long, even bought a book on blogging. I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration. Don't mind those techies you have as daughters, I am in the same boat as you are and the two girls laugh and shake their heads at mind all the time. Love. Tola

mummydun said...

Well done Alhaja Risikat. I shall be back here to see what u r up to.

Anonymous said...

Am licking my mouth, I am impressed, looking forward to what is going happen on this BlogSpot next. Am enjoying some of the previous comment, please don't be put off.......miracle do happen. Deji

Anonymous said...

Well done I am impressed. What will you be blogging about? FTA

Unknown said...

so you be blogger now BLOG AWAY MY CALABAR SISTER
we dey behind you because we be berta when they jack am well well
I suppose we need this after a hard day's work
Baby girl ride on

NA ME MOE

Anonymous said...

Well done. I look forward to seeing more of your blogs.

Anonymous said...

At last, and not a moment too soon. Bet you're guessing who this is abi??

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. God bless those kids of yours for giving you the inspirations. I'm really impressed that Iyalode of Ijebu has finally embraced social media. Thank God o.....aiye ti di aiye olaju. Thumbs up......Demola

Risi By Name said...

Better late than never, still curious though!

MUMMYDUN said...

Thanks for the education. My mama is an Iyalode of her Orthodox church but i never bothered to find out what Iyalode means.

Risi By Name said...

Iyalode is a chieftancy title commonly bestowed on women in Yorubaland. Traditionally, the Iyalode signifies the "queen of ladies" and is given to the most prominent and distinguished lady in or from the town.
(In case any of you were wondering!!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey OLA !!!

Anonymous said...

At last OLA!!! I endeavoured to forward this post. I wouldn't let this technology crap get the better of me. I did not even engage the help of young lady at home... Lol. Well done Ore. Out of the mouth of babes! Mmmm!! I will learn to watch my myself and make my tongue still when around my musketeers ..Lol

Risi By Name said...

Well done & thanks.

Anonymous said...

Risikatu, Risikatu, Risikatu. Let's try again. Congrats on your blog. Good on you girl

Anonymous said...

Well done. This a friend of Buhari!

Risi By Name said...

Dear 'Name dropper' you are welcome.

Fatai said...

its interesting and different. Keep it up. Will make sure am a follower.

Nikky said...

Ola best of luck with the blog

Tuke Morgan said...

Oh, wow, you're a mother.
Don't mind your daughter's shakara.
After a while they will be saying you should feature them on your blog, hehe

http://www.tukesquest.blogspot.com/